EFFECTIVE MAY 2018
Information We Collect
When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full url, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may implement the Google analytics demographics and interest reporting features on our websites. These tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of website visitors and adapt out website content to better reflect their needs. Although this information is collected through your Google Ad settings, it is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format. This means we cannot identify information about you, and we will not try to figure it out. If we do utilize this feature, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Google ad settings or through the Google Analytics opt-in browser add-on.
- We also use Google analytics data. Site visitors may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available here about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies and Restrictions.
- Information collected from other sources. We may combine information about you from SLNC Sites, information collected offline, or from external parties.
Processing operations may include the recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Data we collect about you may be stored for ten years following the most recent interaction we have had with you, after which point it will be archived only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
How We Use Your Information
SLNC uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the SLNC products, services, and information you request.
- To offer and provide information about similar and/or related products and services.
- To customize and improve your experience on SLNC Sites.
- To generally improve our products and SLNC Sites and other internal business purposes.
- To notify and report to authorities under our legal obligations.
Under European data protection laws, SLNC must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in a particular instance will depend on the specific purposes described above for which SLNC is processing your Personal Data:
- In certain instances, SLNC may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt out of this processing, or your choice to opt out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In yet other instances, SLNC may process your Personal Data based on SLNC’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services. You have the right to opt out of all such processing of your Personal Data by emailing email@example.com.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site, products and services more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best experience we can.
You can prevent us from using your personal information in this way by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser.
Information We Share
SLNC may disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your consent, in the following examples:
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to see and get a copy of the Personal Data about you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you. You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Data or the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Data about you. To seek access to Personal Data about you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy Leader by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the SLNC Site you are using, by using the SLNC contact information on the SLNC mobile application you are using, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your local Data Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy laws are followed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, please contact your local Data Protection Authority.
SLNC maintains controls to protect and secure Personal Data, but when you share Personal Data online there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could gain access to your information.
Accessing Our Sites Globally